Dora van der Westhuyzen
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Dora has experience practicing across a broad range of both transactional and contentious matters, from assisting clients at the contract drafting and negotiation stage of a transaction, through to advising and advocating for clients in various courts and tribunals to resolve disputes.
Her broad practice includes undertaking advisory work and conducting litigation in relation to contractual and construction disputes, shareholder disputes, leasing and property disputes and general corporate disputes including insolvency.
Her experience in commercial and property law includes providing front end advice on a broad range of property matters covering land use, control documents, leasing and strata titles, including drafting and negotiating contracts and leases.
Before joining Nova Legal, Dora worked in a boutique commercial and property law firm in Perth and the commercial dispute resolution team of a national law firm.
Dora holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Criminology from Murdoch University. She is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal and High Courts of Australia.
Dora was a finalist in the Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards for Real Estate in 2021 and in recognition of her contribution and work on the Young Lawyers Committee of the Law Society of Western Australia (YLC), the Law Council of Australia awarded the Committee the 2022 Australian Young Lawyer Organisation Award.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Contractual Disputes
- Insolvency, Restructuring & Recovery
- Partnerships, Corporations & Trusts
- Commercial Law
- Property Law
- Debt Recovery
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws: LLB
- Bachelor of Criminology
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice: GDLP
- Certificate of Legal Business Skills (College of Law)
- Deputy Chair of the Perth Young Professionals Committee
- Member of the Courts Committee of the Law Society of Western Australia
- Member of the Young Lawyers Committee of the Law Society of Western Australia
- Member of Restructuring & Insolvency Network Western Australia (RINWA)